What is it, you ask?
The Eat Local Resource Fair is FREE event that provides you with all the information you need to gear up for the Eat Local Challenge (September 1-15)!
What's the Eat Local Challenge? Read more about it.
What can you do at the Eat Local Resource Fair?
- Buy food directly from local vendors– baked goods, meats, dairy, beverages and more.
- Taste food from area restaurants that source their fruits, vegetables, and meats locally. (Restaurants include Beans and Barley, Braise, Fresh Healthy Eatery & Juice Bar, Mia Famiglia, Roots Restaurant and Cellar, and Verduras Tea House & Cafe)
- Gather information, tips, ideas and tools to continue enjoying local foods all year long.
- Attend a Workshop or Cooking Demo
- Grab lunch from Jeppa Joes or MKE Localiscious food trucks!
Tips on Buying Meat Directly from Farmers
11:30 am - 12:00pmLearn from Suzanne Zipperer how you can order meat (beef, chicken, pork) and how she has organized a buying club to share it with others.
Talking local foods with Peter Sandroni, chef & owner of La Merenda Restaurant
12:15 – 12:45pm
The Flavor of Wisconsin for Kids
1:00 - 1:30 pm
Author talk and book signing (with Boswells). Terese Allen will talk about her new book: "A Feast of History, with Stories and Recipes Celebrating the Land and People of Our State" More info about book
Time-saving Tricks for Soups & More
1:45 – 2:15pm
Cooking demo with Kathy Papineau of MKE Localicious. Learn to make efficient use of your time and locally sourced ingredients to make soup and other entrees.