|Chef Justin Aprahamian - Sanford|
Patrons can also enjoy daily cooking demonstrations by experienced chefs as they share their cooking pointers, easily duplicated recipes and so much more at the Outdoor Cooking Patio.
This year’s Cooking Patio at the Home & Garden Show will feature top-notch Milwaukee chefs, including all three of the Milwaukee James Beard semifinalists for best chef in the Midwest!
|Chef Jan Kelly - Meritage|
James Beard Nominees: April 1, 2012 at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Wine & Dine Cooking Patio
- Justin Aprahamian, Sanford, 11 a.m.
- Jan Kelly, Meritage, 1 p.m.
- Dan Van Rite, Hinterland Erie Street Gastropub, 3 p.m.
Other notable restaurant chefs conducting demonstrations include:
- Daniel Jacobs, Roots Restaurant and Cellar
- Mitchell Ciohon, sabor brazilian churrascaria and Beta by sabor,
- Justin Carlisle, Umami Moto
- Nick Burki & Chris Hatleli, Coquette Café
- Natalia Radicevich, Old Town Serbian Gourmet House,
- Jason Gorman, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, March 25, 1 p.m.
- Thi Kao, Buckley’s Restaurant and Bar
- Mitchell Wakefield, Tess
[Access the full schedule here]
|Dan Van Rite - Hinterland|
- George Bregar, director of coffee at Alterra Coffee Roasters, will be at the show to share different ways to brew coffee at home to make the best cup possible (“Perfecting Your Coffee at Home”) and answer questions, such as, Is it OK to freeze coffee? or Are the brown filters better to use?
- Ira Koplowitz, seasoned mixologist and co-founder of Bittercube, will explain what bitters are, how to use them and share recipes and secrets to cocktail success.
The 2012 REALTORS Home & Garden Show
State Fair Park, Wisconsin Exposition Center, 8200 W. Greenfield, Ave., West Allis
Friday, March 23, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 24, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, March 25, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday, March 26 & Tuesday, March 27, closed
Wednesday, March 28 & Thursday, March 29, 4 – 9 p.m.
Friday, March 30, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 31, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, April 1, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Regular admission is $8 for adults and free for children 12 and under.
Beginning at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28 and Thursday, March 29, free parking at State Fair Park will be offered to the first 500 visitors each day (Free Parking sponsored by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).