We love living in Milwaukee. It's a lovely "big" small town with friendly people, a beautiful lake view, a nice dose of culture, plenty of universities to keep things interesting, and a growing food scene with some of the best artisan producers of delicious food products in the nation.
Among those artisans, we're lucky to claim Bolzano Artisan Meats, producer of seven of the finest handcrafted salamis you'll ever eat, including:
- RauchZwiebel salami with smoked sea salt and onion
- Old School salami with cracked black pepper
- Pamploma Runner chorizo/Spanish style salami with smoked paprika
- Fin Oh Kee Oh Na salami with fennel seed
- Pig Red salami made from heirloom Red Wattle pork
- Pitzotl salami with chiles and cocoa
Owned by Scott and Christin Buer, Bolzano is the first company in Wisconsin to bring back the lost art of dry curing, and one of the only in the nation to make their products from locally raised heirloom hogs. Best of all, their products are delicious.
Facts about Bolzano Artisan Meats:
- Bolzano calls the Riverwest neighborhood home, and they produce their product in the former home of Great Lakes Distillery.
- They use only heirloom pork for their products, and their products make use of the best qualities of those heritage breeds!
- The pigs they use to make their salami come from small farms and are raised without antibiotics or hormones.
Get more information at bolzanomeats.com
Better yet, visit them at the fair on Saturday, August 17th from 11am - 3pm at the Urban Ecology Center - Riverside Park. It's free and open to the public. You should go! More information at eatlocalmilwaukee.org