Wong was introduced to the magic of home food preservation through courses taught by Master Food Preserver Christina Ward. She now creates a plethora of delicious flavors -- sweet, spicy and savory. There is virtually something for everyone.
Milwaukee Mustard Co. products are blended in Bay View, and feature only the finest ingredients. The process used is simple.
- Sara selectes top quality mustard seeds.
- Seeds are steeped in a bath of vinegar, beer or other spirits.
- Next, the soaked seeds are hand blended with ingredients including fruit and honey harvested by local growers and signature seasonings to imbue each mustard with a distinct flavor profile.
- Finally, jars are filled with mustard and boiled in a hot water bath to preserve freshness.
Milwaukee Mustard Co. products are safely stored on your pantry shelf until opened. Once opened, the mustard should be refrigerated.
Milwaukee Mustard Company flavors include:
- Spicy Stout Beer Mustard featuring Polish Moon Milk Stout from Milwaukee Brewing Co.
- Bronzeville Buzz Honey Mustard featuring honey fromWalnut Way
- Whiskonsin Whiskey Mustard featuring Kinnickinnic Whiskey from Great Lakes Distillery
- Tomah Tang Cranberry Mustard featuring cranberries from Habelman Brothers
Better yet, visit them at the fair on Saturday, August 17th from 11am - 3pm at the Urban Ecology Center - Riverside Park. It's free and open to the public. You should go! More information at eatlocalmilwaukee.org